Michael Imhotep's Bio
Michael Imhotep is the founder of The African History Network and host of "The African History Network Show" on 910 AM The Superstation and the national talk show "The Michael Imhotep Show" on The Empowerment Radio Network. He is a talk show host, researcher, lecturer and writer. He has guest hosted national radio shows including "The Warren Ballentine Show" and "The Roland Martin Show". He is available for lectures, workshops and media interviews, dealing with history, entrepreneurship, economic empowerment, the effects of the media on society, current events pertaining to the African American community, etc.
Michael Imhotep has 30 of his lectures on DVD dealing with African and African American History, Economic Empowerment, Entrepreneurship and issuses pertaining to African Americans. Michael Imhotep is an avid writer and his articles can be read at www.TheMichaelImhotepShow.com. His articles have also been published by YourBlackWorld.net, KultureKritic.com and BlackThen.com.
Please contact him at Info@AfricanHistoryNetwork.com or (313) 462-0003 for more information and to book him for a lecture, workshop, interview, etc.
Michael Imhotep is a lifelong Detroiter and a graduate of Cass Technical High School. He holds a Bachelors of Science Degree in Business Administration with a major in Marketing from Wayne State University. It was at Wayne State in the early 1990’s that he started studying African History, Culture, Spirituality and Economic Empowerment and Entrepreneurship. The seeds for The African History Network were laid at this time. Some of his biggest influences are Dr. Leonard Jeffries, Anthony Browder, Dr. Yosef ben-Jochannan, Dr. John Henrik Clarke, Booker T. Coleman (aka Kaba Hiawatha Kamene), Prof. James Small, Muhammad Ali, Malcolm X, Earl Graves Sr., Dr. Claud Anderson, Listervelt Middleton (former host of the TV Show “For The People”) & Dr. Ray Hagins of The Afrikan Village.
He has 20 years of Sales, Marketing and Management experience and has managed a business consulting and training company for 7 years. He has taught Entrepreneurship for 9 years and has taught at a Community College as well as for Non-Profit Organizations. Using his entrepreneurial skills, he created The African History Network in 2009 as a way to Empower, Inspire and Educate African-Americans and people of African descent around the world. The African History Network does this by:
1) The AfricanHistoryNetwork.com website where over 100 African History and African-American History DVDs are sold internationally to inform our people about our history that we have been stripped of over hundreds of years. This also includes over 20 lectures by Michael Imhotep himself.
2) Social Media pages on Facebook ("The African History Network"), Twitter and Youtube. The Facebook Fanpage reaches over 900,000 people around the world alone.
3) The African History Network Show on 910 AM The Superstation in Detroit began on April 24th, 2016 and can be heard Sundays, 9pm-11pm EST at 910AMSuperstation.com or download the 910 AM The Superstation App to your smartphone.
4) Michael Imhotep is the host of "The Michael Imhotep Show" on the Empowerment Radio Network. The show airs Monday-Friday 4pm-6pm EST. To listen to the show visit dowload the Tune In Radio App to your smartphone and search for "Empowerment Radio Network" or go to www.TuneIn.com and search for "Empowerment Radio Network"
5) In March 2010, Michael became the Host and Executive Producer of “The African History Network Show”. He currently broadcasts on the Blog Talk Radio Network and can be heard on Thursdays 8pm – 10pm EST. He uses this as another way to reach people of African descent to Educate, Inspire, Empower.
His show has thousands of listeners around the world and become known internationally as a showcase for such African-Centered Scholars as, Dr. Leonard Jeffries, Prof. Booker T. Coleman (Kaba Hiawatha Kamene), Runoko Rashidi, Prof. Josef Ben Levi, Anthony Browder, Dr. Ray Hagins, Dr. Walter Williams, Prof. Manu Ampim, Dr. Umar Johnson and Dr. Frances Cress Welsing just to name a few. He is a proponent of African-Americans reclaiming their history, culture and spiritual systems to empower themselves and to take control of their lives, their communities and their $1.2 trillion economy. He is an avid reader, researcher and a lecturer.
His most recent projects include being featured in the documentaries, "Black Friday: What Legacy Will You Leave", "Resurrecting Black Wall Street - The Blueprint" and some of his recent lectures such as "Empire Strikes Black: The Propaganda of The Media", "Black Wall Street: From Destruction To The Resurrection of Economic Empowerment for African Americans" and "How Racism Negatively Impacts The Health of African Americans: Redistributing The Pain With Economic Boycotts".
He has also done recent lectures including "Understanding The Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade: What They Didn't Teach You In School", “Slavery’s Back In Effect: The Hidden Relationship Between The Prison Industrial Complex, The New Voter ID Laws & Black Population Control” and “Should African-Americans Celebrate European Holidays: The History Of Christmas, Thanksgiving & Easter”.
His motto is “Right knowledge, corrects wrong behavior”.
New New DVD - The Distortion of The Legacy of Dr. King by Michael Imhotep (DVD) 2 Hrs, Recorded 1-14-17Product no.: 801
Old price $15.00
Delivery weight: 0.4 lb
New New DVD - History of the Nat Turner Rebellion: Rebirth of a Nation 3 DV-Ds 11-5-16 Michael ImhotepProduct no.: 791
Old price $20.00
Delivery weight: 0.05 lb