Economic Empowerment Bundle Pack #4 July 2017 - Reclaiming The African Mind - 6 DVD Set
1. The Distortion of The Legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.: The Revoltion Will Not be Televised On The TEL-LIE-VISION - January 2017
2. Great African Women In History The Mothers of Civiliztion - February 2017 New Version 2 DVD Set
3. Ancient Kemet, The Winter Solstice & The History Of Christmas - December 2016
4. The Light of Ancient Egypt Awakens The African Mind to Economic Empowerment - Feb. 25th, 2017
5. African American Resistance In The Era of Donald Trump, Voter Suppression, Reparations: How Elections Have Consequences - May 27th, 2017
6. Malcolm X 50 Years Later Why He Is Still Relevant - June 24th, 2017
Redistributing The Pain Bundle Pack - 6 DVD Set
1. Nat Turner Rebellion of 1831: The Rebirth of a Nation recorded 11-15-16 and 11-12-16
2. The Time We Have Been Waiting For Is Now: Colin Kaepernick, The National Anthem, Too Many Slave Movies and The Black Bank Movement, Recorded 9-24-16
3. Redistributing The Pain: How African Americans Historically Fought Back With Economic Boycotts, Recorded 4-28-16
4. An Overview of Redistributing The Pain - Recoreded May 2016 at African Liberation Day In Detroit
5. The Constitution 13th and 14th Amendment
6. How Richard Nixon’s War On Drugs Was A War On The African American Community, Recorded 9-25-16
Empowerment Bundle Pack #2 - 6 DVD Set
1. "Part 2: The Media's Deliberate Destruction of The African American Family" This is Part 2 of this series which was recorded on Saturday, August 11, 2012. This multi-media presentation from Michael Imhotep, Executive Producer & Host of “The African History Network Show” deals with the history of some of the Negative Depictions of African-Americans in the media starting in the mid 1800s with the Jim Crow character created by T.D. Wrice about 1829 as well as the Mammies, Sambos, Coons, etc. We show how these images follow us throughout history in our movies and TV Shows and how they are used to control and destroy us today. We also deal with the need to reclaim thousands of years of our history to change the images that we see. Power is the ability to define and shape reality and to have other people accept your definition of reality as if it were their own.
2. "Should African-Americans Celebrate European Holidays: The History of Christmas, Thanksgiving & Easter" – Recorded December 2013, (4 hrs)
This Multi-Media presentation from Michael Imhotep, Executive Producer & Host of “The African History Network Show” deals with the historical origins of Christmas, Thanksgiving & Easter going back to the Pre-Christian Era and looking at the Ancient Winter & Fertility Festivals celebrated among Europeans like the Festival of Saturnalia, The Festival of Mithra, The Festival of Yule, etc. Most of these festivals took place around the Winter Solstice (around Dec. 21st) or The Vernal Equinox (March 21st). We’ll deal with the influence from various cultures, mythology, religion, literature and astronomy. Do you really know what you’re celebrating? This is a fascinating lecture that is thoroughly documented. Don’t take our word for it. Go do your own research. Topics Discussed Include: - Why is Christmas really celebrated on December 25th? - What determines when Easer is celebrated? - What are the origins of Easter? - The origins of Santa Claus - How does Astronomy play a role in the celebration of Christmas? - Where do the symbols of Christmas come from? - The origins of Zwarte Piet (Black Pete) - What has caused the popularity of gift giving? Traditionally gifts weren’t exchanged between family members. - The origins of the 7 days of the week & more!
3. Should African-Americans Celebrate Black History Month:Exposing The Myths? Recorded, Feb. 2nd, 2014 in Detroit,4.5 Hrs DVD
This Multi-Media presentation from Michael Imhotep, Executive Producer & Host of “The African History Network Show deals with the origins of “Black History Month”, why it was created and what we need to do to make it relevant for us today. This indpeth presentation dispels myths regarding African and African-American history in an astonishing way that will surprise you. This lecture is full of sources such as articels, video clips, websites and more. Once you watch this DVD you will ask the question, “Is Black History part of American History or is American History part of African History?”. Topics Discussed Include: - The fascinating, little known History & purpose behind the creation of “Black History Month”. - The African Presence in America 51,700 years ago in South Carolina. - Was John Hanson the 1st Black President? - Was Africa named after a Roman General named Scipio Africanus? - Did Pres. Abraham Lincoln free Slaves with the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863? - Is there a man of African descent on the back of the $2 bill? - The presence of The Moors in Europe - How knowledge of our history boosts our childrens' self esteem & helps them academically.
4. "Part 2: Slavery's Back In Effect: From Miseducation to Incarceration" by Michael Imhotep, Rec. 7-20-14 at The Liberated Minds Black Homeschool Expo
This presentation was recorded July 20th, 2014 in Atlanta, GA at The Liberated Minds Black Homeschool & Education Expo. This 2nd Installment of “Slavery’s Back In Effect” from Michael Imhotep, Executive Producer & host of “The African History Network Show” continues exposing the hidden link between the new Voter ID Laws that various States are trying to get approved, Privatized Prisons, The Koch Brothers, non-profit organizations like American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC),and how all of these entities are tied together. He also deals with how the education we give our children has to teach them their history and culture and teach them to meet the needs and solve the problems of their community. Topics Discussed Include: - Companies that own major stakes in Prisons and media companies - The real reason Marijuana was made illegal in 1937. - Why are Corporations using Prison labor to produce products that you purchase? - How The Billionaire Koch Brothers and are shaping what College Students learn. - Why the education we give our children has to teach them to meet the needs and solve the problems of their community. - Why most of what you know about the High School Drop Rate is WRONG!!!
5. The 13 Forms of Wealth: Keys To Entrepreneurship & Economic Empowerment" Rec. 9-18-2014 - Michael Imhotep
6. "The Relationship Between Black Empowerment and Political Empowerment: What The Black Misleadership Won't Tell You" Rec. 8-28-14 - Michael Imhotep
Economic Empowerment Bundle Pack #1
1. "The Media's Deliberate Destruction of The African American Family" Part 1 This multi-media presentation from Michael Imhotep, Executive Producer & Host of “The African History Network Show” deals with the history of some of the Negative Depictions of African-Americans in the media starting in the mid 1800s with the Jim Crow character created by T.D. Wrice about 1829 as well as the Mammies, Sambos, Coons, etc. We show how these images follow us throughout history in our movies and TV Shows and how they are used to control and destroy us today. We also deal with the need to reclaim thousands of years of our history to change the images that we see. Power is the ability to define and shape reality and to have other people accept your definition of reality as if it were their own. Topics Discussed Include: 1. The origins of Negative Depictions of African-Americans starting in 1829 2. Proof of Africans sailing to the Greek island of Crete, 130,000 years ago 3. The Historical Origins of Racism 4. Understanding the movie, “The Birth Of A Nation from 1915 5. Why Black History Month is in February 6. A look at various TV shows and movies and their depiction of African-Americans.
2. "Understanding The Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade: What They Didn't Teach You In School" When we discuss the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade we have to first understand that African people are the Indigenous people of North, Central & South America & have been in the U.S. at least 51,700 years. We can’t start studying our history in SLAVERY. Topics Covered Will Include: - The connection between The 4 Voyages of Christopher Columbus and Slavery. - The Impact the Moors had on Europe that saved them from ignorance and disease. - The economic impact that Slavery had on Europe & the U.S. and more. - How European White Supremacy is like the "Wizard Of Oz" - The Intellectual Capital that was taken out of African during the Slave Trade - Some of the Skills, Trades and Crafts that African people had in The U.S. up until 1865 that built this Country. - The Origins of Racism and much more.
3. "Slavery's Back In Effect: The Hidden Relationship Between The Prison Industrial Complex, The New Voter Ideas Laws and Black Population Control" This lecture was recorded at "The Meeting of The Master Teachers Conference 2012" in Detroit, MI. November 16th, 2012 and December 1st 2012. This Multi-Media presentation will deal with the link between the new Voter ID Laws that various States are trying to get approved, Privatized Prisons, The Koch Brothers, non-profit organizations like American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC), the Eugenics Program (Black Population Control) and how all these entities are tied together. Topics Covered Including: - What's behind the push for more Privatized Prisons? - Why are Corporations using Prison labor to produce products that you purchase? - How are groups like ALEC behind harsher prison sentences? - Who and what is behind the new Voter ID Laws? - What's the relationship between The Billionaire Koch Brothers and the Tea Party? - What is Eugenics and how does it lead to Black Population Control
4. “EMPIRE Strikes Black: Propaganda of The Media” by Michael Imhotep host of The African History Network Show & The Michael Imhotep Show. Recorded April 5th, 2015 in Detroit.
This presentation deals with the Propaganda of the media and how negative depictions of African-Americans influence the way people think, feel, act and behave. Most people think that TV shows, movies, songs, etc. are just entertainment. The history and evidence prove that this is wrong.
What you do for yourself, what you do to yourself, and what you allow other people to do to you is based upon what you think about yourself. - Michael Imhotep
Topics Discussed Include, The TV Show “EMPIRE”, its negative images of African Americans and why we don’t understand it. Nicki Minaj, “Anaconda” & The Marketing of Destruction To African American Youth, How does excessive TV watching damage the self esteem of African-American Children? A history of how Negative Images of African Americans helped to facilitate attacks on African Americans and much more.
5. "Black Wall Street: From Destruction to The Resurrection of Economic Empowerment for African Americans" from Michael Imhotep deals with a lot of the little known history of North Tulsa, Oklahoma and it’s African American business district called The Greenwood District or “Black Wall Street”. We had 35 blocks of over 600 businesses in the early 1900s. The real history of Black Wall Street is not very well known and even lesser known is the fact that inspite of insurmountable odds, we rebuilt Black Wall Street after the Race Riot of June 1921. Topics Covered in this presentation: - A Timeline of history leading up to June 1921. - The origins of Tulasa, Oklahoma which was settled by Creek Indians around 1836. - The Black Freedmen Indian Treaty of 1866. This treaty is being enforced for White Indians but not for Africans Americans who qualify. - Did you know that all “5 Civilized Tribes of Native Americans” owned Black Slaves? - Black Wall Street was rebuilt after 1921. - What really destroyed Black Wall Street? It was not the Race Riot. Look out for the new documentary on "Resurrecting Black Wall Street" from Your Black World Films in January 2015 featuring Michael Imhotep of The African History Network.